Learning Python Course
Starting February 1—a free eight-week, email course for network engineers wanting to learn Python.
The course is intended for network engineers that have some basic familiarity with programming (for example, Perl, shell scripting). No previous Python experience is required.
Each week you will receive a lesson that contains video, exercises, and additional content.
The first five lessons cover Python fundamentals. The last three lessons introduce you to appying Python to network engineering and cover how to manage your Python environment. While I spend a considerable amount of time on Python fundamentals, I will endeavor to make the exercises and examples generally relevant to network engineers.
The course will consist of the following lessons:
- Week1 - Why Python, the Python Interpreter Shell, Strings, and Numbers
- Week2 - Files, Lists, and Linters
- Week3 - Conditionals and Loops
- Week4 - Dictionaries, Exceptions, and Regular Expressions
- Week5 - Functions
- Week6 - Netmiko Basics
- Week7 - Jinja2 Basics, Introduction to YAML and JSON, Complex Data Structures
- Week8 - Libraries, Package Installation, and Virtual Environments
Sign-up for my email-list and receive this free email course starting on February 1, 2018.